Thursday, January 1, 2009

Budapest - city of food and drinks

Unfortunately, I did a terrible job documenting my food consumption in Budapest.  We ate at Iguana's Bar and Grill - a Mexican place that had great guacamole, but after our day at the baths, I was so hungry I forgot to take pictures!  I also forgot to take photos at Mamma, an amazing Italian place near the basilica.  We had bruschetta pizza, pumpkin ravioli, a gorgeous fennel salad, and tirimisu.  Below are the places that I did remember to photo:

Almond hot chocolate, french chocolate cake, and cream dessert - yum!

These amazing coal-fired and grilled treats were both breakfast and dessert on this trip.  They tasted a bit like a cross between a cinnamon-sugar pretzel and a donut.

This was dinner on Christmas Eve.  Clearly I was hungry, as I forgot to take a picture until I was almost done eating!  I had veal paprikash with cabbage and potato dumplings.
And these are the rolls that Alanna kept insisting were potatoes

Fun signs!

No comments: