Friday, September 18, 2009

Ciao, Ciao Italy




Our final Italian port was Palermo. Several people had told me they didn’t like the capitol of Sicily, but I loved Messina and Taormina the two times I’ve gone, so my expectations were a bit mixed. We were both pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed Palermo. Danny really liked the architecture; I enjoyed the vibe of the city. I’m always happy when I’m in the Mediterranean, and something about Sicily speaks to me. They say Paris is the city of love, and you all know I find Baden Baden to be a town of great romance, but it’s here in Italy that love abounds. Even the grafitti says so! We spent many hours pounding the pavement and were rewarded for our efforts with a great lunch at a family run trattoria. After indulging in antipasti, pasta, pizza, and copious pastries, we headed over to Monreale to see the church and the sprawling view of Palermo from the mountain top. This was a great final port in Italiy, leaving us both wanting to return to the island again soon. Our journey is almost complete, tomorrow we have a brief stop in Tunis and then back to Spain and finally onward to Paris.












































No comments: