Monday, August 16, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

Welcome to our new home! I'm hoping many of you will come visit in person and enjoy the many food options, as well as fun atmosphere of our new neighborhood, Carroll Gardens, but until then, I offer you this photographic tour of the apartment. (For the sake of safety, I am not posting our address or outside pictures of the building here, but those of you who got this via email with the address can google map a street view to see the front of our building.)

The view when you walk in the front door:

As you look to your left, you'll see the living room and the kitchen:


And as you look to your right, you'll see both of our bedrooms:


Upon entering the apartment, the bathroom is directly in front of you. The washer and dryer are hidden behind the door.

When you first walk into the living room:

Reverse view:

View from living room to kitchen:

View from living room to entryway:

As you enter the kitchen. Notice all the creative storage solutions - the kitchen had only one drawer, and you're looking at all the cabinets. We purchased (and Danny built) the butcher block.


This is my bedroom. Again, the need for creative storage, since I only have half of a closet. The other half is occupied by that washer and dryer in the bathroom. This is a sacrifice that I think is well worth it, even if it does make my room look a bit like a college dorm.



This is the view as you enter Danny's room. Yup, he got the bigger room. We negotiated and came to an arrangement that he could have the bigger room so his piano would fit, as long as he would play concerts for me.





Thanks for virtual visiting! We hope to see you in person soon!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I want to comeeeee visit! Maybe sometime in November when I don't have my car loaded with all my stuff? Or December/Jan for winter break. It looks AWESOME! :)

sgazzetti said...

Looks great, Rox! You've come a long way from Mladost edno A, baby.

Sorry we never connected when we were in the states. Crazy times. We'll correct that soon.