Sunday, August 29, 2010

They say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too, yeah! Am I turning 27 again or is it 28?

Birthday weekend has been a blast! Friday night was dinner with Bernadette and the gang, then drinks with Alanna, Bill, and Danny. Saturday brought brunch at Buttermilk Channel (pecan pie french toast and pancakes - yum!) Followed by an afternoon at Coney Island and Brighton Beach. We, of course, had hot dogs from the original Nathan's, walked the boardwalk, and were treated to impromptu dances along with lots of Russian women sporting the Balkan red. We passed on the Cyclone and Wonder Wheel this time since someone claims to have had enough dangerous stupidity for this week. Next time, next time. Today we did family dinner Sunday - good food, good fun, and lots of cake, pie, and ice cream. What more could a girl ask for on her birthday? Oh yeah, cards and presents! I got those too. This year included a magazine subscription, restaurant gift certificate, awesome rain boots and a "cheeky" umbrella.

We did take pictures, but some of them are on film (I guess that sort-of gives away my age...) as soon as the processing comes back, I'll digitize and post. For now, I'll begin the countdown for Birthday Weekend Part 2 when we see Rent next Saturday.


No comments: