Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Family Talent

Musical talent runs in the family.  Clearly it bypassed me.  I play the piano, but only because I love it and took lessons since I was 4.  I have no ear.  Where other women want to be taller, thinner, blonder...I just wish I could sing.  And perhaps to the chagrin of anyone in my vicinity as I walk down the street with headphones on, the fact that I can't carry a tune doesn't stop me!  It is with great pride that I now get to sing along to my cousin Danny on my ipod.  How cool is that?

I seem to have gotten a bit of the cooking talent.  As anyone in our family, or who has been a guest at a family holiday knows, we're all great cooks and bakers.  Macaroni and meatballs, cheesecake, bread, rice pudding, chocolate mousse cake...okay, so we lean a little toward carbs and sweets...whatever...we like it.  Alanna and I both take great joy in experimenting, collecting recipes, and feeding people.  Don't worry, we eat what we cook too!  Our best recipes have been passed down from Grandma and Aunt Geri, and I recently discovered that Uncle Richard has mastered bread and pizza dough...can't wait to learn those!

It seems there is some visual art talent in the family too.  I've been lucky to enjoy my favorite visual art form through Alanna's photos for years.  Now I get the pleasure of sharing Chris, Alex, and Veronica's photographs.   Enjoy them!




























No comments: