Monday, April 13, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

My ruby slippers may be packed in Dan and Colleen's basement, but clicking my credit card number into my computer was as effective as clicking my heels together 3 times.  Like Dorothy, I flew over the rainbow and back home, both literally to the US, NY, Chester, and Clifton Park and metaphorically to my family, friends, and favorite foods.  

While I've never been lucky (as Grandpa Charlie used to say, "If not for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all,") the stars seemed to align on this trip.  The timing was perfect for seeing almost everyone...Geri and Sal were in town, Ballston Spa was not on spring break, and people living in various parts of the state were all able to see me on the days I was passing through.  (This trip was such a whirlwind - I put 700 miles on the car in only 8 days!).  

I have to confess, I was so busy enjoying myself that I often neglected to take photos.  Fortunately, at our family gathering on Palm Sunday, my little cousins took my camera and captured some great moments.  Veronica and Alex took most of the photos below - great job guys!  (And out of respect - and a little fear - for Aunt Geri, I am not posting the picture of her telling them that Uncle Richard said to stop running on the rocks.  Don't worry cousins...I still have a copy of it.)










No comments: