Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas 2009

Weeks after Christmas decorations have been put away, I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures of my festive flat. My obsession with lights peaks around Christmas, the one time of year that it is acceptable to have as many strings as possible draped throughout your home without causing a fire hazard. My electric bill can attest to the fact that I took full advantage of this!



Though Santa didn't fill the giant sock, he was generous. The loot ranged from DVDs to household items, from educational tools to luxurious indulgences, and of course, the traditional socks, candy, and chapstick.







The fat, old man wasn't so jolly after being gypped out of his cookies and milk (he left an angry note on the tree,) but we made sure our bellies stayed full, braving the snowstorms of Albany and Ithaca to visit friends and favorite eateries.


This time, I almost remembered to take the photos (with my phone, please excuse the quality) before we ate it all!
sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and collard greens
gumbo
jumbalaya (hold the shrimp)
mac-n-cheese
and of course, Hattie's Throwdown winning fried chicken

It was great visiting with you guys! Can't wait to see you again at Chowderfest!

No comments: