Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Marissa told me recently that most people give up their New Year's resolutions by January 20; therefore, I'm going to say that this post is right on time to show that we're still sticking with our resolutions (though we're on a minor hiatus from the first two as we do our share to help the injured.) This year, Danny and I decided to embark on three resolutions:
  1. exercising
  2. eating healthier
  3. enjoying quality time with our family
Resolution #1
We didn't run out and join a gym (not because we're too cool for first of the year specials, simply because we're too poor); instead, we braved the cold NY winter and hit the pavement, starting with walks and working our way up to runs.
I know I'm incognito, but I swear, that really is me!
Nope, that's not the phone-quality photo, his glasses really are fogged up!

Resolution #2
Healthy eating - lots of fruits and veggies - yummy! (Have I mentioned how much I love having a roommate who cooks?)

Don't worry, we're still Danny and Rox, still the foodies you know and love. (We really are trying to figure out how to make a million bucks on that...between our photography, love for food and travel, and cuteness, we should have our own show on Food Network or the Travel Channel. Seriously.) But I digress, our inner-foodie gets to come out every weekend as "free Saturday" has morphed into "free Saturday night - Sunday afternoon" to allow us to enjoy
Resolution #3
,
We have resurrected the family tradition of Sunday dinners. We gather at 1pm for macaroni and meatballs and whatever else may be on the menu that week. Yum, yum, yum!

1 comment:

Jess said...

May I comment as a fellow foodie?? I want, I want!!!