Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thanksgiving, part deux

I want to go to Paris. Danny wants to go to Paris. Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone wants to go to Paris. I can't help it, when I think of food, I think of Paris. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat in Italy (pizza, pasta, gelati,) Czech Republic (Staroceske trdlo,) Austria (schnitzel and streudel,) Germany (flammkuchen,) Ireland (sausage,) to name a few and the list goes on and on (and on and on and on...,) but as great as all of those places are, nothing holds a candle to Paris. Every corner, every bakery, every restaurant offers something luscious, delicious, rich, and amazing from the pampelmousse (grapefruit) sorbet to the pain au chocolate from the steak to the foie gras, yum yum yum. But, alas, Paris is out of reach temporarily due to lack of time and money. Instead, I indulged the foodie by duplicating my favorite American meal. (You may recall that I was responsible only for dessert at our family gathering this year.) So, sans dessert this time, Danny and I had a second Thanksgiving feast.


candied yams
mashed potatoes and enough cranberry sauce for a large family

Tom
and the piece de resistance...stuffing (and courtesy of our new diet - more on that in a future post - there is still some left in the freezer for future food emergencies.)

No comments: