Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mt. Vitosha

I know I'm delinquent on the Berlin and Prague posts...I promise, they're coming.  I have over 600 pictures to sort through for those...cut me some slack!  In the meantime, yesterday John, Magda, Adam, Alek, Jess, and I went up Mt. Vitosha.  This 2290 meter (7513 ft) mountain, is the most visited and 4th highest peak in Bulgaria, and just happens to be right in our backyard. We can walk there from campus and hike up...of course we drove and rode the gondola (I may be running and doing power yoga these days, but let's not be ridiculous...I'm still me!)

Enjoy the views of Sofia and Mladost on our way up, as well as the mountain and of course, food!

the gondola station at Simenovo - notice all the construction debris...they are building more resorts here for ski season

village of Simeonovo

Sofia

Mt. Vitosha

this is what we saw when we got off the gondola at the final stop

Cherni Vrah (Black Peak) - the highest peak (yup, that's still snow on May 31)

John and Aleksander

Jess, me and our shopska salad
John holding Adam


me holding Alek

Adam, Jess, Alek, Magda



No comments: