Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where should we go for dinner? France?

The novelty hasn't worn off yet...I don't know that it will.   One of my favorite parts of living in Europe is that I can go to another country for dinner.  (The excitement that comes from crossing a border for a meal is not new for me...some of you have accompanied me on journeys to Canada for dinner too.)

These holidays, May Day (May 1) and St. George's Day (May 6) were bridged by the Bulgarian government - that meant only 10 days after returning from the holiday weekend in Vienna, which came only 5 days after spring break, we were on vacation again, this time for 6 days.  Of course, I was on a plane asap...off to Baden Baden, Germany.  Geoffrey and Cora generously invited me to spend the almost week with them enjoying the beauty of the spa town - more on that later. We decided to spend the holiday on Friday out of town.  As you can imagine, I was thrilled when we jaunted off to Strasbourg for a day of exploring, strolling along the water, and some delicious food.  



















No comments: